It's Monday. Cue the Boomtown Rats.

May 11, 2009

What a weekend it was, full of good thing, happiness and creativity!

My youngest sister graduated from Indiana University this weekend for starters. I am so very proud of her and the hard work she has done. She is a stellar example to her nieces and nephews. She's off to grad school next, specifically.. law school. So her adventure continues for another few years.

My oldest daughter lives in Iowa with her father, she moved up there last summer. I was so happy on Friday when I checked the mail and there was a Mother's Day card from her. To make it even sweeter, she called me yesterday morning and wished me a happy Mother's day as well. I look forward to picking her up in a few weeks for her summer vacation. My partner and I have been planning a long weekend in Chicago with the kids. We're planning on a day at the Brookfield Zoo, a day at the Shedd Aquarium and a trip to the Field Museum. A little of something for everyone, and before it gets too warm out to really enjoy it all.

I got to be creative this weekend as well. I tried out a few new things and was pleased with the results. One of which is very rough, but has so much potential. I was looking at some chain stores jewelry offerings and noticed a trend towards adjustable bangles. They looked to be pretty simple, with 2-4 little charms dangling from them. Dangly little charms are no problem, but the bracelet itself... that is another matter. After a bit of study time, I decided that I could in fact do it. I broke out my 16g copper wire and got to work. The piece is rough. It has plier marks. It's not perfectly round. It has room for some improvement. But I did it. See!




I also fabricated some ear wires that turned out ok. I need to scale them down size wise, but they are pretty cute.

Finally, I got my Etsy shop opened and I actually have pieces listed there!! This is really exciting for me, because of the amount of traffic that Etsy sees on a monthly basis. I was really nervous, and researched myself into a corner there for a bit, but I finally took the plug. I will be adding a link to the Etsy shop here soon. In the meantime feel free to visit it!

Iced Adornments Jewelry on Etsy

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Iced Adornments. Design by Pocket